Our Virtual Classroom
The RS Virtual Classroom
When learners log into the RS virtual classroom, they enter an online learning environment provided by Comcourse Learning Solutions that is self-contained and fully functional – no software to download to their home computer, no special equipment, no attachments.
After registering for a course, students join others from around the world who have enrolled in the same 8-week online class. Together, they progress along a rigorous learning journey that starts with a “Course Introduction Week,” continues with six learning units (one a week), and finishes with a “Learning Assessment Week.” Students are supported by a seminary professor who provides mentoring support almost daily throughout the term. In addition, students select a local mentor who helps them process and apply what they learn to their local church ministry.
After entering the RS virtual classroom, students can read regular communication from their professor, post questions for the professor, participate in surveys, take exams, read lecture notes, access research materials in the RS Online Library, upload assignments, and interact with fellow students from around the world in either a threaded discussion format or a chat room.
The Rockbridge virtual classroom difference doesn’t end there. Consider the following additional benefits:
- Rockbridge seminary courses are new, fresh, relevant, and custom designed for the online environment. We do not make you sit through a streaming video of a traditional seminary class in session.
- Weekly learning pathways put students in charge of their own learning – a design appreciated by 21st century adult learners.
- A qualified and experienced professor is assigned to every class, providing mentoring support and engaging students almost daily as students move along their learning pathway for that week’s lesson.
- Students are not left on their own through a correspondence format but join an active, vibrant learning community in every course that motivates, encourages, stimulates, and challenges them.
- Students are not forced to log-on to their courses at a certain time of the day. They are free to schedule their learning at a time in the day that is best for them.
- Students apply what they learn immediately. Projects and other assignments are almost always completed within the context of the student’s church ministry role.
- Since the virtual classroom does not require downloading software to make it operate, students can participate in their course from anywhere in the world as long as they have access to the Internet.
- Students benefit from the ministry perspectives of fellow learners from all over the world. A global student body builds a global perspective of what God is doing in the world.
Rockbridge Seminary’s online learning design is unique – making seminary education accessible and relevant for you.
Students desiring to go into a Master’s program are encouraged to work with an accredited college or university to complete their bachelor’s degree. The DMS may be completed in 3 years, although many students take longer due to family, church, and job responsibilities.
Choose an academic program (application guidelines apply) and complete the application process. If approved, you can take ANY course offered during a given term that relates to your level of study (diploma or master’s level) after you complete the required Touchstone Course, “Developing the Focused Life.”
Since Rockbridge students pay tuition on a course-by-course basis, you have no financial obligation until you register for a course – another benefit for continuing education students.
If you change your mind later and want to complete your academic program, no change is required. To maintain active student status, you must take at least one course every calendar year. Rockbridge offers six eight-week terms annually.
Rockbridge Seminary’s online course design is not conducive to students auditing courses. Therefore, Rockbridge Seminary does not permit students to audit courses.
Decide which degree is best for you.
3 people like this. Sign Up to see what your friends like.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
If you are not completely satisfied with the online seminary learning experience after beginning your first course, Rockbridge Seminary will refund your tuition in full.
SIGN UP FOR MONTHLY UPDATES
- Merry Christmas from Rockbridge Seminary - http://eepurl.com/bZqt9 less than a minute ago
- Wrestling Together | new post by Nick Ng on GoingToSeminary.com http://ow.ly/3okLw less than a minute ago
- Google launches eBooks, cross-platform e-bookstore and reader: Google eBookstore http://ow.ly/3kIPS less than a minute ago